THE RHUBARB WAY OF BRIGHTENING YOUR FOOD
Week five and its all about our favourite thing in the whole world: FOOD!
Recipes, tips, online get-togethers and foodie fun.
BANANA BREAD CHALLENGE!
Homemade banana bread has to be one of the top recipes of isolation, and is becoming a weekly feature of our at-home sweet treats. Ready to give yours a shake up? We tried this Nigella Lawson recipe to mix things up this week and we are hooked:
RECIPE: SARAH HAMMOND'S HARISSA AUBERGINE FOR 2
I med sized aubergine
I small onion or shallot
2 tsp of Harissa
½ fresh lime or lemon juice
I tomato diced
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 handful of fresh herbs roughly chopped (I used mint and marjoram)
6 black olives cut in half
Toasted pine nuts small sprinkle (use any nuts you have)
3 tbsp of couscous
½ stock cube
Drizzle of pomegranate molasses (or balsamic glaze)
- 1. Cut the aubergine length wise and hollow out the inside (and keep aside for step 2). Mix the oil with harissa and lime juice and drizzle over the aubergine shells and roast for 15mins oven 180c gas mark 6.
- 2. Finely dice the onion and sauté until translucent, then add into the pan the lightly chopped aubergine centre, diced tomato, couscous, stock cube and ½ cup of water. Simmer for 6 mins.
- 3. Then add in mint and marjoram, toasted nuts and 6 olives cut in half with seasoning.
- 4. Once the aubergine is cooked stuff with the couscous mixture. Place back in the oven to warm up and dry the couscous a little.
- 5. Remove from the oven, place on a plate. Serve with a large spoonful of Greek yoghurt, drizzle with pomegranate molasses and sprinkle pomegranate seeds and fresh mint (or any soft herbs!)
Our friend from Young British Foodies, Lily Vanilli, has been sharing her most sought-after tips. This self-taught baker is sharing her finest tips for home-cooking success as well as selling “DIY cake mixes” which we highly recommend… head over and enjoy the excuse to lick the bowl.
MAKE A MEAL OF IT
Make your meal times that little bit special and more positive with tips for laying the table in fabulous style from supper club Hoste founder, Laura Jackson. Take a peek at her instagram for fabulous tips and live tutorials!
Click here and head to Padella IGTV to make their incredible pici cacio e pepe – the restaurant’s signature dish:
Or enjoy some of the pizza lockdown lessons from the talented team at Pizza Pilgrims. They are also selling ‘at-home’ pizza kits. This will really brighten up an(other) evening in!
LOOKING FOR MORE
Our instagram is updated throughout the week with more of our favourite things to explore, view and do. Take a look...INSTA-WORTHY RHUBARB